Property Rates By-law, 2012
- Published in Western Cape Provincial Gazette 7003 on 8 June 2012
- Commenced on 1 July 2012
- [This is the version of this document from 8 June 2012 and includes any amendments published up to 14 July 2023.]
2. InterpretationIn this by-law, the English text prevails in the event of any conflict with the Afrikaans text, and, unless the context otherwise indicates:"Municipality" means Bergrivier Municipality;"Bergrivier Rates Policy" means a rates policy adopted by the Bergrivier Municipality in terms of this by-law;"Constitution" means the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa;"Credit Control and Debt Collection By-Law and Policy" means Bergrivier Municipality’s Credit Control and Debt Collection By-Law and Policy as required by sections 96(b), 97 and 98 of the Systems Act;"Property Rates Act" means the Local Government: Municipal Property Rates Act, 6 of 2004;"rate" or "rates" means a municipal rate on property as envisaged in section 229 of the Constitution.
3. Adoption and implementation of rates policy
4. Contents of rates policyThe Municipality’s rates policy shall, inter alia:
5. Enforcement of rates policyThe Municipality’s rates policy shall be enforced through the Credit Control and Debt Collection By-Law and Policy and any further enforcement mechanisms stipulated in the Municipality’s rates policy.
6. Repeal of by-lawRepeal of Property Rates By-Law amended on 3 June 2011 Provincial Gazette 6879.
7. Operative dateThis By-Law shall take effect on 1 July 2012.
History of this document
01 July 2012
08 June 2012 this version
Published in Western Cape Provincial Gazette number 7003